Saturday, October 15, 2011

Lovin' These Little Hands....

I love these precious little hands. They amaze me every time I am around Brooklynn. In two short years they have learned to do so much. Sometimes these little hands are busier than I wish they were...and it is a sure thing that you better keep your eyes on these little hands ALL of the time!
Gestures that maybe I did not take the time to notice when my kids were little are things that capture my attention now. My memories of the eight little hands that lived in my house are of all of the things they could do with them when I looked away for a moment. Things like writing their name on the wall with a tube of tooth paste, opening the refrigerator and throwing eggs on the floor, crawling in the car and using the garage door opener to escape to the park while I was changing someones diaper...and on and on.
I wish I payed more attention to the times those little hands grabbed my face and kissed me, or folded their hands and prayed.
I am so thankful for the chance to watch another set of hands grow with such a beautiful little girl. I am just very glad that this much older set of hands that I have now can still keep up!

No comments:

Post a Comment