Sunday, March 18, 2012

Busy Weekend!.....

You know that old adage "when it rains, it pours?!" well, that was surely the case this weekend. We had more activities going on at our house than is normal for a month!
Our friends Cortney, Kennedy, and Morgan stopped on their way through to Austin to hang out for a couple of days. Sara was happy to practice her child care skills to assist Cortney in juggling these two babies who are a mere 18 months apart. Daddy Ken is doing a years duty in Afghanistan so being the sole parent for twelve months has to be a challenge.
I have to admit that while I watched the whole two days of feeding, diapering, rocking, and loving that went on I had to go back and wonder how I did it with four children. I do not really remember it being difficult. I am sure if I was thrown the same task today I would find it a huge struggle (being 40 years older would have a lot to do with the challenge) but things seemed simpler then. I am not sure how, but other than being sleep deprived ALWAYS, I never felt like four kids was too much to deal with. My older boys were great with my little ones, and my babies just went with the flow. I rode with a potty chair in the back of the Astro Van and a bag of cut up oranges on hand all of the time. And, we always went together!!!! When I slow down long enough to look back it makes me smile. Maybe I am grateful we were poor. We were forced to live simply and enjoy each other. The ballpark was our recreation and a quilt on the dirt was my babies second home. Those were such good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment