Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Merry Monday.....

Monday was a Gramma Care day!! Sadly (for mom that is) Mandy headed back to work, just one day a week so I had the privilege of keeping the girls for the day. I will admit I did call in reinforcements for this first day trial run. Jimmy has been dying to use up his vacation days before retirement so he was here to help me practice getting a schedule going and love on those babies!
I assumed Finley care while he played the day away with Brooklynn. I loved having time to hug on this beautiful new baby. She is such a pretty girl with BIG dark eyes and a placid personality. Nothing but pure fun!
Meanwhile, Gramps and Brooklynn set out to make a poor people's playhouse out of a huge cardboard box from our garage.
Out of the window Brooklynn was playing drive through restaurant..."May I have your order please...do you want a hamburger or pizza?"
She had so much fun, the the old softy decided she needed the real deal in our backyard, so off he went at naptime to buy a more socially correct play house complete with a real drive through window.
The girls and Gramps opened the box and went to work...assembly in less than an hour the box said....REALLY????
Six hours and 293 screws later we were still at work with the project only half way complete....
Excuse me SAM'S (retail seller of this pretty playhouse), PLEASE let us know who on your staff actually completed this task in one hour....

Maybe by next Monday the drive through will be open and the in house kitchen ready to prepare orders!

No comments:

Post a Comment