Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Elephants, Tigers and Clowns....OH MY!....

I think it has been 20 years since I have been to the circus. I am not a big fan of travel, crowds, and parking. But, the circus came to us. Right down the street and no crowds at all...my kind of event!
What is better than the circus?...someone to share it with, and seeing the excitement in your grandchild's eyes!
I don't know who had more fun, Brooklynn or Gramps and I!
The magnitude of this event in a relatively small arena amazed us.
For a small fee you could walk right up and have your picture taken with a snake. Yep, you have to hold it yourself....no assist from a pretty circus woman on this. No takers in our family, though we got close enough to see his face. You could also ride and elephant or a camel..or stick your head in a lion's mouth. OK, not really on the last one but holding a snake is equal to sticking your head in a predators mouth as far as I am concerned.
Roll in four cages full of tigers and we watched the show from six rows up. The benefit of a small town circus!
The "Mighty Bo" the largest performing elephant on the planet was amazing.
A few tricks and an apple for a reward. This is right up there with a human eating a blueberry! I would picket for higher pay.
Up close and personal with a few clowns and it was an evening complete! Brooklynn's take on the evening..."Thanks Gramps, it wasn't even scary, and why did they put that dog in the washing machine?"

No comments:

Post a Comment