Thursday, May 17, 2012

Life Is Good.....

 Today was a GREAT day.  I got to spend it with a group of my favorite AVID students at the Ball Park in Arlington.  It was not a sub job.  It was simply an invitation to help chaperone 116 kids who were able to celebrate the end of the school year at a ball game.  Yes, I am onboard with that!
 An afternoon in the middle of May with plenty of sunshine and the American League Champion Texas Rangers...nothing can beat that! 
 The stadium was packed and the crowd was wild...as were 116 kids.  So many of them had never been to a real ball game before.  They sang, cheered, and ate ball park hot dogs. They even started the wave for a crowd of 47,000 fans....and it traveled half way around the stadium. 
It made me stop and think tonight how such simple things bring me so much pleasure. Watching these kids enjoy themselves made me smile all day.  I have had so many great opportunites in my life. 
 There have been some curve balls thrown my way but God has stepped in with many blessings...more than some people find in their lifetime. 
I am grateful for friendships made and memories collected...not just those associated with my job over the last 23 years but for everything that has brought me to where I am today.  Sometimes the road you travel is what makes you the person you are and right now I really would not trade my life with anyone....guess I am very fortunate!
Life is GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment