Tuesday, May 7, 2013

There Are No Words....

I simply have no words for this.  I have boxes aplenty, but really I am struggling for a way to justify this.
To clear the confusion right off the bat, I have not gone to work in the shoe stockroom at Dillards, Macy's or  another other department store.  I am not the designated purchase person for a function that requires flip flops for a cast of ten.  I am not a testing agent for footware.
I clearly just lost my head when I ordered some shoes for the summer last week.  My favorite flip flops...YELLOW BOX were on sale. (SALE being the operative word here as we all know if you tack those four letters on anything I am a like a shopper on steroids)  That is rare....for these to be on sale that is.  So I jumped online and choose a few pair.  Well, I choose five pairs so that I could qualify for free shipping...a key to selling more.  Merchants are no dummies.  I may have to stick the "dummy" label on myself!  So when I pressed submit I was told that four of the five were unavailable.  I don't really need a size 9.  A size 8 1/2 will work...it is a flip flop after all.
So I just submitted a new order for the same 5 pairs of shoes in a different size.
Imagine my surprise when all 10 pairs arrived at my door.  Or...imagine my sense of "what do I do" when I tried to figure out where I could put all 10 pairs until I developed a plan...to return or hide or something...because I promise my husband does not have a total of 10 pairs of shoes to his name!
The horror of him discovering all ten yellow boxes would really not be a pretty sight.

Tonight I am still in awe of the large stack of yellow boxes in my closet.  I am keeping the door closed and tomorrow I will choose a new pair.  My trusty old pair that have been my constant companion for the last year will go in the Goodwill bag....or to the lake to be a pair of mud shoes.  Then maybe I will ship back some of the excess...or maybe not!

No comments:

Post a Comment