Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Because Of The Leaves.....

 Please blame this whole post on the fact that I have moved my life into "pause" mode. I have made a mental note each morning not to be in a hurry and not to adhere to any list...except a grocery list, because without that I make way to many unnecessary trips to Kroger and run my grocery bill up to astronomical levels.  I am bound and determined to "stop and smell the roses" or in this case...drive and notice the leaves.
 It is quite possible that in years past I have driven past these same trees and not noticed how pretty they are.  I am sure that they don't come close to those along the East Coast but since I have never been I am totally satisfied with the brilliance of the Bradford Pear!
All of these introductory sentences just to say that a week before Thanksgiving I am in total grateful mode.  Thank you, Father Timothy, for the sermon to the children in church this morning on gratitude.  I was listening too!
So my grateful list goes something like this.....
*Faith, renewed faith.  It is at the top of my list of blessings.
*My precious family and the tenacity, courage, and strength they have always shown.
*I am healthy...a year ago I was not and I am so thankful for good doctors.
*Old friends, Whataburger lunches, and Bunko.
*My "phone a friend" who always listens to my rants.
*New church friends who have welcomed me and who actually like me!
*Retirement and the security to be in a comfortable place at this point in our lives.
*My home...it is where I am happiest.
*Memories, because when I think back over 65 years I have so many great ones.
*Hobbies, they occupy my time, and are my therapy.
*The gift of Matt's friends.  Just today I got a beautiful note from a Navy buddy who wanted to say he was thinking of us.  What a blessing that is 11 years later!
*Remembering to focus on all the good, it far outweighs the bad.
So, today it was the leaves that generated this not nearly complete list.
And...it is "pause" mode that caused me to notice the leaves!



No comments:

Post a Comment