Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Honest Truth....

I COVET!!!!
I do not covet thy neighbors wife (or husband), and I have never coveted thy neighbors goods.  It is not because I believe in following the Commandments of God (which I surely do) but it is because I am pretty happy with what I have.  I don't really have a need for more because truth be known I do not even need all I have...
BUT
I covet ANYONE who gets to go to New York....especially at Christmas time.
I simply love New York.  I hate to travel, but I love New York.  It calls my name for some reason.  
I don't have a bucket list but if I did Christmas in New York would be the only thing on it.
I cannot imagine how anyone, even those that do not like New York could not find pure pleasure in walking through FAO Schwartz during the holidays.  Just strolling the streets and enjoying the window decor at the major department stores would make my heart smile forever.  I don't want to shop....I want to view!!!  I want to savor.  I want to pretend I am part of "Miracle on 34th Street" and I assure you if I ever got my husband to join me on this coveted trip it would be a MIRACLE on 34th Street.  
He simply hates New York while I love New York.
I want to ride in a horse drawn carriage through Central Park in the snow. Do you know that the famous "The Night Before Christmas" classic was penned after a carriage ride in Central Park in 1823. That is a fact folks.  
It is inspirational.  It is magic.  I am missing it.
Who knows what I could conjure up for a blog post if only I could ride in that carriage.
I want to see Macy's,  Rockefeller Center,  Radio City Music Hall and everything else there is to see.  I want to go to mass in St. Patrick's Cathedral and listen to the music coming from that amazing organ.
I want to see New York in the winter, and I want it to snow.
I don't just want this...
I COVET THIS!!!!
So, Santa if you happen upon this page of my blog, PLEASE know that Christmas 2014 would be a perfect time to send me some tickets for my dream vacation.  I am even willing to travel alone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment