Thursday, November 28, 2013

Celebrating Today....

 43 years of wedded bliss
  Okay , so maybe everyday was not total bliss, but  the fact that we still reside in the same residence says that we deserve a pat on the back!!  Even my niece finds it surprising that people actually make it that length of time....so kudos to us!
And we shared our special day today with all Americans who devote this Thursday to food, family, and acknowledging all our blessings.  Research tells me that it was in 1789 that George Washington declared a day every year be devoted to giving thanks for our gifts and our plentiful harvests.  George...for that idea we are forever grateful!!!
So, celebrate and give thanks we did....because George said it should be done!
And now that the food is all consumed, kitchen cleaned, and we have returned home to relax and end the day with a little football...let me say I am doing so in the typical "carb coma".
Why do we find it necessary to stuff our face with food that tastes so good while we are consuming it and then makes us feel so bad when we finish?  It is the great American way!
I suffer for days after the meal with the feeling of extra fluff around the middle....pure misery.
I only have 27 days until I have to repeat the process with the same meal on Christmas.  This is not a good time to begin my holiday baking!
I guess I do not need to repeat that I am stuffed...and thankful for that because tonight I know that not everyone is blessed to have an overabundance like we do.
  I am glad to have family to celebrate with, even if we were missing at least half of our clan this year.
 I am declaring tomorrow a day of rest and relaxation.  
I am not doing any shopping tomorrow unless it is via the internet.  Black Friday has just never called my name. The fact that Black Friday now begins on Thanksgiving Thursday gives me extra cause to revolt.  To even think that the need to purchase anything would interfere with a day of thanks  is something that would surely send America's forefathers over the edge.
AND
I hope that your day was as blessed as our day was and that we all wake up tomorrow and find that all that extra fluff around the middle has magically disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment