Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Ready, Set, Go!.......

It is here folks....the month of December.  I have been playing Christmas Carols since mid-November and I am still shell shocked when I look at the calendar and realize I am a mere three weeks away from the big day.  The tubs and boxes are down and for the better part the house is decorated....well, as decorated as it is going to get.
 I love putting everything up, but what goes up must come down so I am thinking I have enough of the spirit of the season on display around here.
Besides that, every time I send my husband to the attic I am reminded that he does not LOVE the holiday like I do.  In fact he would be content if we just unrolled a paper cut out of a tree each year and called it a day....ah, if I could only will on him the gift of merriment!

 For those that are not living here in the area let me say that we are expecting one major arctic blast starting tomorrow.  In the words of our faithful and always correct meteorologist...the metroplex can expect to be entombed in ice starting on Thursday evening.  "Folks, this is serious"....a direct quote.  So, what to do in a situation like this...plan ahead.  I have on hand three gallons of milk and $107 worth of groceries meant to create nothing but Christmas delicacies. If I am going to be home bound, I am going to be productive.  And actually I am pretty excited.  I am thinking pajamas, holiday music, a fire in the fireplace, and the smell of cookies baking.  
If the weather lasts longer than my ingredients last, I have internet shopping to do.  I found out last year that sitting on the sofa, computer in my lap, scanning Amazon for the things on my Christmas list did not at all diminish my spirit.  I think it comes from the days that excitement reigned supreme when the Sears and Roebuck Christmas catalog arrived.  I did not need a trip to Toys R Us to make my Santa list.  Circling everything on the pages of this great book brought me much joy.  Just another memory from the good old days when life was so much simpler!
This year I was pretty much sucked in by the book Williams Sonoma sent in the mail.  I am certain that the pages are scented with peppermint oil and I am not going to be able to pass up ordering a box of peppermint bark marshmallows.  Perfect!  On the way with just a click of the mouse. Into my hot chocolate soon!
Last, but surely not least...toilet paper ready.  I honestly did not know I already had enough in the event of another Y2K scare when I ran in Sam's for another package today.  I guess if you have groceries and toilet paper what else can one need!
Stay warm and safe....and happy arctic blast to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment