Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Just Another Party!.....

 I would like you all to know that I really lead a VERY boring life.  I am a home body who is perfectly happy puttering around the house everyday...except at Christmas when some foreign soul takes over my body and causes me to love celebrating the season with friends!
 Today was a brunch with retired teacher friends.  We do gather once a month but I do not make it often so today was a treat.
 We were sadly missing about six of our bunch who took sub jobs for the day.  Really???  I thought we were retired, and the beauty of that is that you do not have to work unless you want to...and if there is a party I sure DON'T want to!  So missing friends...what I have to say is you lose!
 It was an awesome morning hosted by the ever gracious Sandy....who makes me rethink the fact that I say I do not covet.  Everytime I walk in her house at Christmas I want to run out the door and redecorate.  It is like being in a Southern Living magazine.  
A party with all the touches of perfect hospitality.
Yes, I do covet once again!  And as soon as Christmas is over I will be buying sacks of discounted garland because the warmth of her house that is swagged everywhere with greenery make me literally drool.
 I want to be that hostess with gold silverware and charger plates.  I want to snap my fingers and have everything picture perfect...at Christmas.
Someday...when Hobby Lobby marks their garland down and I find the energy and enthusiasm to hang it up my house might look somewhat similar!
Until then I will just covet.

No comments:

Post a Comment