Sunday, December 29, 2013

The Other Things.....

It seems I have posted a barrage (another word for bunch) of Christmas pics lately.  My mind lacks the clarity to develop anything noteworthy at this point in time...so it is another BUNCH of pictures that bring back memories of a Christmas season already over.
Disney on Ice!!!  The minute I saw it in the paper I knew we had to go.  So I corralled all the females in the family to join me.  What could bring more excitement than Mickey and Minnie skating around the ice in red and gold sequins singing 
M I C K E Y!!!! 
 I was transported to the days of Annette, Darlene, and Cubby in mouse ears!
It was 50's TV at it's finest!
Stringing candy canes. 
 Just the beginning of another generation of homemade ornaments!
 I thought I was growing into the adult tree I always wanted...and then came grandkids...and I realized the homemade mismatched kind are really much better.
Making time to get to Mr. Joel's backyard train.  Wow, this man set up this enormous display in his back yard 13 years ago to entertain the neighborhood kids.  This is the year he calls it a day.  At 81 it is becoming too expensive and time consuming to operate, but the joy on this gentleman's face as he drives you around the tracks is better than any Santa Claus.  He truly is the face of Christmas.



Tradition....the gingerbread house.  Someday it will be a masterpiece!!!!
Pins and needles...and so much fun!!!  Brooklynn is going to be a seamstress...HAPPY Gramma!
She pinned and sewed her daddy-o pajama pants for his trip to Africa because we all know that the military personnel overseas want to see some lieutenant commander make his way to the shower in Scooby Doo wear!
An after the holidays trip to run through the amazing Christmas village hosted  by the city of Richardson.  We had to send scouts ahead of us to make sure all of the characters were out of sight before Brooklynn would enter the space (refer back to the fact that she will not go near anything that is dressed up in a costume).  After sufficient proof that the coast was clear, we ran and explored and took way to many pics...








And SNAP it is over....but the craziness of it all was perfect, because it was Christmas and that is how it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment