Monday, December 23, 2013

Tomorrow....

It is ten o'clock in the morning and I am sitting in bed, computer on my lap making last minute lists and trying to clear my head because tomorrow IT IS HERE!  All that planning, shopping, cooking, ect. and done or not, it happens.
Am I ready?  HA HA HA!
Are any of us really?  But does it matter?  
Every year I join the whole nation in trying to create perfect, and when it is all over I know it does not really matter.  With Tim on the other side of the planet this year, I am reminded that the only perfect is having your family together...PERIOD.
So, this morning before I leave for last minute errands I am going to sit down and enjoy what is one of my very favorite parts of the season.....
 MAIL!!!!!
 I love the UPS man!! 
 Online shopping is my best friend!  I do not like to fight crowds in the mall so when I see that brown truck pull up I "throw open the shutters and pull up the sash"!  Wrong story, but same thought.  It is like Santa arriving.  
 Inside these boxes are those presents carefully chosen on the screen of the computer.
Here they are!!!  As much of a surprise to me when I open them as they are to the one who is going to receive them.
And finally, the delivery of those cherished Christmas cards!!!
Toss the bills and credit card applications and delight in the pictures and letters from friends you have not heard from for a year.  Do I love to hear about your son who scored three touchdowns and got MVP twice this year?  I do!!!  It is the one time a year you get to sit down and brag because what gives us more pleasure than the accomplishments of our family?  
 I love looking at my cards and remembering why we have stayed in touch all of these years...because you are special to me!  Even if our contact is only at Christmas, you hold a place in my life that matters.
So...enjoy this last day before we rejoice with our families, not only in the arrival of Santa, but in the arrival of our Savior Jesus Christ who truly is the reason for the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment