Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas Part II

I would love to report on the joy and merriment of watching children open Christmas presents and sit in wonder of the gifts that were placed under the tree, but guess what, it was Christmas!!
If you are a child at Christmas then it is the same all over the world.
Get that paper off one and move on to the next!!
I have been there.  Thirty eight holidays with my own children and it does not change...and I do not suspect it will any time soon!!!
I am not sure it would be fun any other way!
So...my pictures were not great this year.  I was too busy watching activity all over the room.  I can however, remember the kids at this age when I look back and be ever so thankful that they were here to share the day with us.  Some families are separated by distance that does not allow them to be together.  We were together and that is the best gift anyway!










I am not really sad that this Christmas is over.  Some years I am.  I am already looking forward to next year when Tim will be back and things will be as they should be.  I know it was much harder for him than us.  Harder for his wife and girls than it was for us.  That is the price that our military pays and I am forever thankful that there are families who accept the assignment courageously and protect us from places much too far away.


No comments:

Post a Comment