Monday, November 4, 2013

Split personality......

I was just thinking as I unloaded my grocery bags that I must have been in dual personality mode when I walked in and out of Target today. Not only were all of these items purchased at one time, they were also the ONLY things in my grocery cart.  Sometimes you shop with a purpose and then there are times when insanity just takes over and there is no rhyme or reason to to what makes it's way into your basket.  
Today was the epitome of insanity.
 I made a special trip to the store after Halloween because my husband said a litany of not nice words when he discovered I had bought pretzels to hand out to our little trick or treaters...meaning of course that if in fact there were left overs he would have nothing satisfying to munch on.  A pretzel is about as appealing to him as a carton of yogurt.  To keep harmony in the household I made a dash to the after Halloween candy sales isle and grabbed a bag of candy bars.  Then I grabbed cookies, candied pretzels, scones, bread mix and headed to the checkout.
HOWEVER, panic set in as I lined up behind the other shoppers.  I was actually fearful they would judge me on the contents of my basket...so I backed up and added the above items.  If you throw in some yogurt, celery, blueberries, and granola I am sure they will be more lenient in their judgement.  And, personally I felt much more in tune with my healthy side.  I am sure that the granola will soak up the fat from the row of purple cookies I am likely to eat in the car on the way home.  
There is nothing better that a life that is totally in balance, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment