Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Hello 2014!!!......

Welcome New Year!
If you asked me how my year has gone so far, I would have to respond with "just fabulous"!
Not my usual kind of verbiage, but a phrase my brother used quite often, and for some strange reason he was on my mind this morning.
It is 9:00 am in the morning and I have rummaged through the paper, enjoyed a cup of coffee and some yogurt, and am thinking about cup #2 before I rise.  Yes, all of this completed from my bed, propped up with pillows, and still in my jammies.  My husband has headed to the grocery store to get the black eyed peas which I forgot, along with various other items that I missed when I was in Walmart yesterday.  Quite frankly I am surprised I even got out of Walmart with a shred of sanity left...but that is another story.  What a nice man he is....and I am thinking I will return the favor by doing the dishes for him today....MAYBE!
New Years Eve was simple.  No hot pants, party hats, and glittery make up (ahhh, 70's I do remember you).  We enjoyed dinner with Sara at a great mexican food restaurant.  Home again, we got comfy and enjoyed watching the Aggies play Duke....what a game!!!  Worth being up until 10:30 pm for!!!  It was probably the only complete football game I watched all year, but it was the best!  No, we did not stay up until midnight to greet 2014.  We simply woke up this morning to the fact that we are staring at a fresh calendar!
Now I am sitting here thinking ahead because yesterday was my day to look back.  It is a clean slate and what I want to write on it is "happy".  It is our choice everyday.  
When I think about the "happy" things I want to accomplish this year it is not much different than what I aim for each year.
My "happy" list includes....
Friends...some that have been too long forgotten.
Books piled next to my bed that I am going to read.
Family that is my reason for getting up each day.
Fabric, there is nothing that cotton and a sewing machine cannot cure!
"PAUSE" which brought me to a new mindset last year.
Jesus, who has guided me back to a place that fills me with such peace.
Pinterest...kind of random, but where I find creative inspiration.
Home...always makes my heart happy.
Cheers to a New Year and another chance for us to get it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment