Sunday, June 22, 2014

It's A Wrap!......

It's over. 
 I never thought that would make me sad but it does.
When on a whim I grabbed a VBS volunteer form at church I had no idea what I had committed to...I do now and I would do it again in a heartbeat.  
In fact, I think I will!
I think back on the years I signed my kids up for VBS because it was a form of free child care in the summer.  I did not appreciate what went into a week of sharing God with children.  I wish I could back up and thank the people who tended my children for five days.  It is work, more than I ever imagined, but oh so worth it!!!
These were my children and the amazing co-workers that I was blessed to have on my team.  We came in strangers but left as friends forever.  We will be back next year...as a team.  I cannot imagine working with anyone else.  

An added bonus of spending the week at church with the kids...bringing Brooklynn along with me.  We were a team.  She helped me plan crafts, helped me make mats for the kids, and told me very politely when my verbiage became a bit "nerdy"!  Only a four year old would know that I should say "good job" instead of "pat yourself on the back"!
Our youth music crew??? 
 There are not superlatives that adequately describe the job they did with the kids!  
They were on their feet singing and dancing for five hours everyday with enthusiasm that could only come from kids that truly love what they are doing.  
I have a whole new appreciation for the youth at our church.
The drama crew...ditto the above remarks! 
My cute door decoration...second place prize!!!
Thank you Pinterest for another great idea.  Thank you, too, to my team who took the plan and put it up.  
It was eight days of constant planning and working but what a great time we had.  
Again, I find blessings where I least expect them.  
New friends, precious children, and the opportunity to share God and the bible in such a positive environment. 
What an awesome week!

No comments:

Post a Comment