Saturday, June 7, 2014

Too Many Ends......

It is the end of tee-ball season.  That is probably a really good thing since the heat even at 6:30 at night is crazy.  But, it is an end and I simply do not like endings.


The little ball players actually "got it" this year.
 They fielded the ball and with a little coaxing knew where to throw it when they got it.  That is growth....and growth makes me sad.
I seem to want to put everything on hold right now.
Life seems good so why don't we just "PAUSE".
This is the time of year when there are way too many "ENDS".
I am the one that takes everything in on a very emotional level.  
I over process everything.  
I came by it honestly from my dad.  He was the one who could watch "Here Comes Peter Cottontail" with me and cry.
So on that note let me add...
It has been one year this weekend since we celebrated the wedding of Drew and Heather.
It was perfect.  All the planning and crafting and working and the result was total perfection.
A year has passed, which makes me one year older.  
In that short year since the ceremony so many things have happened.  
This time last year I was stressing over Medicare.  Now I am using it.  
This time last year Tim had no idea he would be camped out in Africa spending a year back in the Navy.
Hello Djibouti!
It was twenty years ago that we celebrated Matt's high school graduation.  
Twenty years????
These kids are nearing 40 and all have families and jobs they have been at quite awhile.
I watched two high school graduations streamed via the internet this weekend and realized how quickly 20 years passes.
When the kids I watched graduate today are celebrating their 20 year reunion I will be 86.  
Is it any wonder I am awash in sentiment right now?
I could be using that spot in the columbarium at church we recently purchased.  :(
I truly don't know whether to relax and enjoy the evening or whether to hurry up and finish the four quilts piled in my sewing room.  
As previously stated I am awash in sentiment right now, which is the perfect time for a glass of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment