Sunday, June 15, 2014

The Men In My Life.......

It's Father's Day!
 The day always brings back a flood of memories...all good ones.
I grew up with an amazing dad.  He was a good Christian, a great provider, and a man with no enemies.  He loved people and people loved him back.  I very rarely saw my dad angry.  He lived life with such enthusiasm.  He worked well and he rested well.  It was a gift.  I watched my dad suffer through so much but he never complained.  He died 21 days after his third bypass surgery.  He never came off the ventilator.  His eyes were never sad.  He knew if he lived it was good...but if he didn't it was okay too.  I know my dad realized how blessed he was and at the end of his life I am certain he earned the right to be with Jesus.  He was a gift to me and to his grandkids.  I am sad they did not have more time with him.  He had so much wisdom to share.
There are two other special dads in my life.  My husband and my son.
They, too, are gifts.  Tim inherited his dads sense of loyalty, commitment, and hard work.  They are both amazing providers.  Their support is not all monitory though.  They give of themselves and ask nothing in return.  
Today also makes me miss my other son, who I know would have been one of the worlds greatest dads.  Matt was much like his grandfather.  He had his artistic ability and the gift of being friends with all.  He was joyful.  Like my dad, he worked well and rested well.  It is a great combination of traits.
I am blessed.  I look back over the years and know how many gifts have been given to me.  When there have been troubles the men in my life have given me strength.  Not everyone is so lucky. I would not trade the men in my life for any other.

When a man walks in integrity and justice, happy are the children who come after him.
Proverbs 20:7

No comments:

Post a Comment