Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Say It Isn't So......

Yes, it is HOT...but not nearly where we will be in another month.  It is June 4th and the high was 88 degrees.  The heat is coming and we will be moaning about the fried grass, dying plants, and testing the old frying an egg on the concrete trick much too soon.  
I made a trip today to HOBBY LOBBY....where I can manage to spend a months salary in moments.  I have bags of stuff I may need someday...the same bags of stuff that my children will pitch when I die (another post altogether)  I was hunting stuff to make a new door wreath for the Fourth of July.  
 Well....seems that I may have to rethink my choices.  The pickins' are slim for anything patriotic but I sure can find shelves of supplies if I am in the market to decorate for Christmas.  Right next to the "HOT, HOT, HOT" yard flags were......
Wreaths and ribbon.
I have no words.
 I had to circle the store twice to make sure it was for real.  It just cannot be so.
Christmas is 6 1/2 months away.....
There is no reason for this.
Even Santa and his elves are probably relaxing in the Caribbean right now.  One has to detach....think seasonally.
It is wrong in the worst kind of way.  
They just boxed up the left overs from last years holiday.
So..I boldly asked the manager just exactly why the rush.
I know he only follows the directive from the corporate office, but surely he finds this as offensive as I do.  His answer..."Well there are so many people that like to craft".
Craft a beach towel, craft a birdhouse, craft a flower pot...craft something that fits summer.
I would love to be able to boycott....refuse to shop at a store that makes us rush through life...
BUT
I can't.  It's HOBBY LOBBY and I love to craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment