Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Nightmare on Elm Street!........

There is probably nothing that can be said about this that has not already been said in a hundred different ways.  Swimsuit shopping is a nightmare for anyone over 50....maybe even 40.
 I took on the task today.  I don't really need a suit.  I have several because if you hang out at the lake and have a pool in your backyard it is a must.  But...I needed a new and more proper one.  I am going on a trip with about 30 people from church, including our assistant pastor.  We are headed to the Holy Land and on the agenda is a swim in the Dead Sea.  From all that I have heard this is pretty much the same a swimming in a pool of pure mud and it takes several showers to rid yourself of the filth once you get out.  So here is the point...once you get in you are so covered that there is no one that is going to see anything but your head.  You do, however, have to get from the bus to the Dead Sea in some sort of swimwear and therein lies the problem.
Who is in charge of designing swimwear for the elderly?  It is absurd.  
There is money to be made here for anyone that understands the problems that we face.  
I am not vain.  I got over that when I lost my second front tooth a week ago.  I do have sagging bosoms, abundant cellulite, and like everyone else in our age bracket I have love handles and stomach fat.  Back fat?  Varicose veins?  Check!  Please help!
What did I settle on?  A skirt that hits mid thigh and has a secretly slimming tummy panel...NOT!
That would take more elastic than the law would allow, but the tag says it works.  For a top...I selected two.  Neither is a really good choice.  No upper body support in either and all of us know that it takes underwire support to keep the "girls" aimed in the direction they belong.  None present in these tops.  Just hoping they will stay put for a dip in the mud.
I am disheartened and bit depressed.  This was not a cheap shopping trip. I made do with a less than appealing choice for my less than appealing body.  I am going with this in my suitcase but I am seriously considering yoga pants and a tank top.  I think that it is a far better idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment