Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Yes, Please!!!......

I have about ten posts going on in my head...and none on a blog.  It is the end of my busy season.  I am wondering if this is how the tax man feels on April 15th.  A sense of relief, maybe sadness after coming out from under stacks of paperwork???
It is the end of things for all of the things I love to do,  until next August...except for Meals on Wheels that is.
And on that note just let me say that we made a trip to Eddie Deans Ranch for a volunteer luncheon this week.  It was a nice day.  It amazes me how MANY people give up a morning to get 4200 meals a day out to senior citizens who cannot manage on their own.  I have been at this for two years.  I am just beginning. I sat by an elderly lady (86 to be exact) who has carried meals to clients for 33 years.  That is dedication, incredible dedication.  
It takes a village to keep a community running.  I never realized how many options there were for volunteer opportunities.  My dad was the best.  There was always time on his calendar to give.  I remember it well.  I just never realized why he did it.  I know now, and what I do is so minimal.  To see the enthusiasm and love for stewardship in these people is inspirational.
I am blessed to have been able to retire, be healthy, and have time to be involved.
The benefit...having met so many great people who inspire me to continue.  The whole experience has opened doors to things and places that I never knew existed.  I have grown...in a good way.
I hope I have years to go, the rewards are great.

No comments:

Post a Comment