Thursday, May 14, 2015

Packed and Ready???.....

 I am packed but just not quite so sure I am ready.
I am headed out for three days to pretty much the unknown with about 40 ladies from church.  Some I know well, some not at all.  We are going on an ACTS retreat.
The letters stand for Adoration, Community, Theology. and Service.
I have heard about this retreat and have been asked to attend for years but the time has just never seemed right.  Tonight I am off.....
clothes, pillows, sheets, my bible, another book, and a flashlight.
Of course, the usual toiletries, a towel and washcloth....
BUT
No phone and no alarm clock.  
That is a big YIKES to me.  
My phone is an extension of my body.  Don't look at me like that.  Yours probably is too.
We are not tethered to a phone on a curly cord attached to a wall anymore.  A phone goes where we go...we do not leave home without it.  I am fine leaving it in my purse, and I leave it in the car during church but to leave it for three days.....is scary.
I have no idea what to expect.  I have heard they feed you well and if you go you will never regret it.  Had I known about the phone before hand I amy have thought about this more carefully.  BUT, I have paid my money so I am going to commit.  
If I can be phone free for three days I will be a changed person.
Oh goodness I am worried!

No comments:

Post a Comment