Wednesday, January 6, 2016

40 Bags In 40 Days......

It's a challenge and I am totally up to the task.  My house is a mess!  It is not dirty but it is full of unnecessary junk.
Let's start with the pantry.  Should there be a catastrophic event that would close down the grocery stores for a month, well come on over.  We could feed you.  I do not guarantee that all of the food I have is not well past the expiration date but if you are willing to eat it, we have it.  
The above picture is the floor of my pantry and it gets worse the higher you go.
It is massive overbuy and I do it in every area of my life.  I am starting today, though it is meant to coincide with the 40 days of Lent.  I simply cannot wait that long.  
40 bags does not have to be 30 gallon garbage size bags.  A simple grocery store bag counts as long as it contains clutter.  
It is not a race.  One day, one bag at a time.  I am excited.  I have long felt guilt for what my children will encounter when I die.  I have STUFF and I know that no one wants it...not even me.
I am pondering tonight and tomorrow I start.  I feel good.  I am not sure where to begin but I can choose just about anywhere and accomplish something.  My sock drawer is even fair game...maybe two bags full from there.
I am ready...armed with fruit snacks from my pantry floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment