Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Gratitude in a Pandemic......

In the midst of this pandemic while we are all waiting for the time when we can "break free", 
we tend to focus on all the things we feel cheated of while we are confined to our homes and distanced from those whom we love and are patiently waiting to HUG.
*I am grateful for the time I have had to walk each day around the neighborhood.  I am not a walker, but the need to be outside has driven me to pick up my headphones, find some praise music and walk.  I have noticed the spring flowers, the other walkers, the clouds, and the wildlife.  Small things that I have otherwise ignored.  I am grateful for this "time out" to be more aware.
*I am grateful that we have a home, that our income allows us to pay our bills, buy food, and exist with no financial worries until we can get through this terrible virus that is plaguing the world.
*I am so very grateful for our church and all of the religious communities that have given us a way to worship via TV, internet, Facebook live, or other means so God can remain at the forefront of our lives even in these shelter in place days.
*I am grateful for the opportunity to sleep late, stay in my pajamas as long as I want, drink coffee and read my bible outside in my beautiful backyard on the nice weather days.
*I am grateful on this Earth Day that our quarantine has helped the earth restore itself.  The bodies of water are clearer, the smog has lifted, the animals are free to explore their natural habitats, and we have just generally made our planet a better place.  Can we learn a lesson and make moves to keep it this way?
*I am so grateful that my sons, daughter-in-laws, and grandkids live close and we can do a drive by when I need to see their precious faces.  Distancing is not fun but I am so blessed that though I cannot hug them I can see them in person.  Such a gift!
*I am grateful for all the celebrities that have come together to do concerts from the confines of their home, donating all money to charity so that although no new productions can be done we have new and interesting things to watch.
I know there are many more things,  but for now just know I am grateful that we will survive this and be much better people because we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment