Friday, April 17, 2020

Treasures of the Pandemic.....

When you spend four weeks sheltering in place because of a global pandemic...that has in fact killed way too many people world wide, you learn some valuable life lessons.  This is only one of those lessons.  Before we are totally turned loose back to society I will cover some other lessons, but for tonight here we go!
DO NOT pass up a chance to buy descent toilet paper and disinfecting spray and wipes.  
On the subject of toilet paper, I have always hoarded that item.  I do have a real fear of not having enough TP on hand at all times.  My garage has no less than 36 rolls always.  I do however buy the good stuff...like Charmin (remember Mr. Whipple?).  In the American way, once this epidemic started everyone starting buying toilet paper in maniac amounts.  It was like a black Friday fight if you saw some on the shelves!  What was available on rare occasion was SCOTT.  I have never bought this before, but for fear of not having enough I purchased it when I saw it.  NEVER AGAIN!  It is seriously 1 ply paper.  The tissue that goes in gift bags would be better.  It is so thin and rough that in order to do the job you have to wrap it around your hand a minimum of one dozen times.  Even 7/11 has better paper in their restrooms than this.  Lesson learned.
Next let me say I have never been a germaphobe. My way of thinking was let my kids build up and immunity, which they did.  They were never sick.  They all had perfect attendance through 6 years of elementary school.  This has changed my mind.  I never bought Lysol spray or Clorox wipes.  I just cleaned everything with windex.  It has ammonia so that should do the job.  These are also unavailable items.  Folks on Ebay are selling Lysol for $150 a can!  I finally found some and I will not be without it again.  I now see the value.  There are germs we want to avoid and those germs are causing America to hibernate in an unimaginable way.  So I spray and wipe everything now and will continue to.  Lesson learned.
We will come out of this sooner rather than later I hope.  When we do life will be different.  I know what matters and I will look at cleanliness in a whole new way and I will keep a respectable among of cleaning agents on hand...and better toilet paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment