Friday, April 9, 2010

I Am Packing This.....

So I can go visit.....HER!
Okay, so it is an errand of mercy! That is what I told my coworkers as I lined up a sub and wrote out another weeks worth of lesson plans. Tim is having surgery to repair an already repaired shoulder. We are in hopes that this one works as activities like water skiing and even golf have been severely curtailed lately. And, so to help Mandy with husband care and child care I am packed and headed to sunny Tampa Bay. So do you feel sorry for me?
I really tried to make this sound tough at work. It is April and the teachers have spring fever and senioritis worse than the kids do. TAKS testing is looming right around the corner, followed by still another 5 weeks of school. Time off now is just not a good idea...but, duty calls so as any good mother would do...I am off!
I am armed with plenty of clothes for sunny weather and an armful of the latest gossip magazines. I intend to nurture my mind...not with info on the best way to save money at the grocery store, but with magazines that will inform me about the budding romance of Maxim and Erin and tell me about Jennifer Hudson's new body. Need to know information for a desperate housewife!
I am hopeful that Tim will recover quickly and be back to planned activities without a hitch....and I am grateful for a principal that understands where a mom needs to be at a time like this.
Next post...from Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment