Friday, September 17, 2010

Because I Want to Remember.....

That today is Matt's birthday. It is his 35th birthday.

I thought about keeping all of my thoughts in my heart today because I know that this day probably affects me the most. I am the one that carried Matt and birthed him. I held him first and thanked God first for the miracle in my arms.
But this is my journal and what I write here is what I want to remember...and I do want to remember. I want to remember that Matt was an individual. He was unique and blessed. He was happy and made everyone around him happy. Matt reached out to everyone and made them feel special. He actually believed they were special and if you hung around Matt you believed you were special too. To him the world was a beautiful place and each day was to be enjoyed to it's fullest. He smiled always and made me smile when he walked in the room because no matter what was on his plate...he still found a reason to be happy. We were blessed. The time was not long but the memories are forever. No one can take those away so I am grateful. The memories I have are what is on my mind today. All the great days and the big hugs and the phone calls but mostly the joy in his heart because that is the Matt I remember. Some people can have their child for a lifetime and not know the happiness that we had with him in those short 27 years. I thank God for that.

Proverbs 3:5

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment