Friday, November 25, 2011

The Day After Thanksgiving.....

Really known to almost everyone who has any form of communication device as 'BLACK FRIDAY'. Oh no, I am not a believer. I actually had a friend ask me last night if I wanted to go along with her to Walmart to get in on some of the "deals". Not just "no thanks" but "are you totally crazy?". Not me. There is not a thing I can think of that would cause me to partake in the madness of the midnight sale.I really think it is a type of female sport. Men hunt deer, women hunt cashmere sweaters that cost $28. It is the thrill of the conquest. It is the ultimate high. It is that special find that only comes from beating 2000 people to the last waffle maker that costs $9.99.
So, while everyone else was loaded with Starbucks and enjoying the hunt, I was in total bedtime bliss. However, this morning I could not resist. Surely the stores were cleared out by 9 a.m.!!! So off Sara and I went. SCORE! Still plenty of bargains left and no lines anywhere. We managed to locate the last few items we needed and then headed off to locate the last thing on our Christmas list.....

Two pairs of full fledged cowboy boots. No, I do not mean the stylish slouch boots that most women find appealing. I mean the kind that only a Texas Tech grad could love. One for Sara and one for me. So the question my fam asked when I showed them my purchase..."are those going to fit around your calves"? What are you implying??? My legs may not be the ones of my youth but I can two step with the best of them...in style now!!! Blame it on Footloose....I am hooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment