Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Epic Fail....

Yes, it was me a few short weeks ago that said in print that I would not get sucked into the "Christmas too early" craze that sweeps the entire planet as soon as the kids have emptied their Halloween pumpkins. I absolutely would not drag out one Christmas related item until I had cleared the Thanksgiving table that was appropriately decorated with fall colors, pilgrims, and turkeys. I was going to completely concentrate on being thankful and season appropriate.
I FAILED miserably. I could not help it. When I turned on the car radio and 103.7 was playing Christmas carols I was bit by the bug. I went home and started digging through the plastic tubs. I rationalized. It makes perfect sense you know. I mean Christmas is just by nature a hectic time of the year. So much to be done, so little time. Being a step ahead of the game (I don't think Nov. 15th is too early, do you?) just means more time to enjoy the season.
Shopping to be done, cookies to be baked, presents to be wrapped, cards addressed....the tree just has to go up now!! I will surely never finish! So I failed. I am not sad. I am relieved to have a jump on the tasks at hand. I am sure if Walmart and Macy's do it then it must be okay. I can still be thankful....that from now until December 25th I can take it a day at a time and not be in panic mode during the most wonderful time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment