Friday, November 11, 2011

Switched.....

It is that dreaded time of the year again. Yes, I love fall, but it means up with the summer and down with the winter. I am blessed. I am not making the switch from a closet in the garage like I did before we moved. I simply have to drag in an 8 foot ladder and move what is up down and what is down up.
This job has been calling my name for about three weeks and when the temps dropped below 40 degrees, I knew the sleeveless shirts had to go.
This is the time of the year when I envy Oprah Winfrey and Mariah Carey. One look into their California style closet and you know that bringing in a carpenter to do some closet redesign would be a woman's dream. Mariah's 200 pairs of shoes are neatly color coded and arranged by style and design. My twenty shoe boxes have no rhyme or reason to where they are stacked. A picture on the end of each box? Hmmm...that would mean I would actually have to rummage through and assess the value of each pair. That would probably entail pitching about 50% of them and replacing them with new ones. Oh, what a great idea!!!
However, not cost effective right now with Christmas approaching. Guess they will be fine where they are until the spring switch!
So, no, the shoes are not organized but the clothes are and there are four giant sized bags of clothes on the floor that are purged from the mess on the clothing rods. I am season appropriate and ready for cool temperatures. Still I would not be sad if Oprah sent a professional organizer my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment