Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy Anniversary to Me!!!....

Okay so that sounds a little self serving, but it was a great anniversary weekend. It started on a wonderfully cool, rainy Saturday with Sara gone to the movies and Jimmy and the dogs headed to check on things at the lake. ALONE!!! No, not sad, not lonely...it was just what I had wished for. A whole day in an empty house with a stack of Christmas cards to address. I have been in the "Deck the Halls" mood for about three weeks now. So it was me, the Hallmark Channel and a day of sappy Christmas shows. I watched five...yes, five in a row and addressed cards as slowly as possible to savor the peace and quite to the fullest. Heaven sent is all I can say!
Sunday brought a beautiful day and a return of hubby and the dogs. My normally bah humbug husband actually drug out all of the outside Christmas decor and smiled while he strung the lights!!! What a treat.
You've gotta love a man that looks like he is actually enjoying what he dislikes the most!
Penguin unpacked and ready for assembly. I really think the reason for the enthusiasm is the purchase of the 8 foot inflatable bird! I have had an aversion to the things forever but in the spirit of the season I succumbed and bought the man his toy. My reward....
Outside decorations up and a smile on the man of the day!!
So I call it a great weekend to celebrate 41 years! I will take it over a fancy dinner any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment