Friday, February 3, 2012

Dr. Pepper, with sugar please.....

I did not really know anything about the intricacies of soft drink bottling until the Dublin, Texas Dr. Pepper bottler was forced to discontinue production of Dr. Pepper, the only one of the Snapple group producers to still use "pure cane sugar" in it's products. All others use HFCS (otherwise known as high fructose corn syrup) in their drinks. Well, first of all I do not consume soft drinks with sugar. I am totally committed to only putting artificial sweetener into my body. You know that one used in diet drinks that is thought to cause overweight people with too much girth around the middle in the latest study by the FDA. None of that real stuff for me...I only drink FAKE thank you!
Actually, I have recently committed to putting myself on a healthier track so I quit buying diet drinks all together...well, at least there are none stored at my house anymore. I believe that we should be smarter about the unknown ingredients in the food and drinks we consume. BUT, sometimes a day calls for something that tastes better than water so I have occasionally snuck through the line at McDonald's for a large diet coke, with extra ice please! But maybe it has been more often than I think because the other day on a trip through the drive thru the man that took my order looked at me and said "the usual"? Okay, it was not two Big Mac's and fries...just diet coke with extra ice!! So sorry you recognized me. Next time I will drive thru incognito. Or maybe there should not be a next time because I just bought a case of Dr. Pepper with real sugar. Not a bottle mind you, but a case. If I am going to jump into the water, I am jumping in with both feet. Good bye saccharin...only the real stuff for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment