Friday, February 24, 2012

V.A.C.A.T.I.O.N!!!!!.....

I do not leave here much. I am a homebody. I have a 5 mile comfort range. Everything I need is right here. But, every once in awhile you have to escape and take a VACATION! That time came this week. It was a short 48 hour journey but made a world of difference to my psyche. It was a total relax. That is the best type of getaway. No time line, no schedule, no dress clothes, and no one who needed me...just pure heaven.
With travel bag and bottled water in hand Chris and I headed 100 miles down the road to spend a couple days in what we like to think of as paradise...the Hail's lake house. It should really be labeled as something other than a lake house because it beats any 5 star resort here in the state of Texas! As a special treat on our two day retreat we ventured into a nearby town and visited the quilt shop. Well, you know how I felt about that!!! Fabric, fabric, and more fabric. Patterns and quilt kits and just endless things to feel and see.

I wasn't the only one in awe of all the beautifully pieced wonders.
Around the corner on the way to lunch we found a welcome sign set up just for us...oh, wait...it was a whole building constructed in our honor. We tried to find a local to take our picture but I think they all ran when they saw us coming!
Such an appropriate sign for the time we had together. It was nothing but great laughs and silly girl time. Nothing could be better than that.
Time to say goodbye to the small town with the great quilt shop and head back to the lake.

Can you really imagine anything more restful than a huge lounge chair, a lake view and awesome girlfriends for two days? I can't. It was just what the doctor ordered. I am nothing but a new woman...ready to face reality once again. Bring on the dirty dishes and the laundry. I am renewed!

No comments:

Post a Comment