Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Let There Be Light.....

Wow!!! It is home improvement time at the Shubzda house. Well it is only a small home update but boy does it make me feel better. In fact, it makes me feel GREAT!
To be honest, we have really only been in our home for five years. No, it was not new when we bought it but it was not old either. We simply moved in, and accepted things the way they were except to put a little paint on the walls for color. Sometimes it takes awhile to get the feel of a place. I do not have a real flair for design and I surely do not have a definite style. I am a hodge podge of things. So we really just live like we are.
But I had an idea...it was about lights! That is another thing I am not...a lover of lights. My family will attest to the fact that we live in the dark. I love natural light from uncovered windows but nothing that needs a lightbulb. A single lamp in the room is plenty for me. But bring on the pendant lights, not so much to use but to break up a kitchen that was feeling kind of boxy and empty and I am like a new person. It really makes me wonder if something as simple as a few new inexpensive lights could give a guy the ultimate high that I am feeling. What does it take to give him that on top of the world feeling? Maybe catching a huge fish, new windshield wipers on a truck, a clean toolbox, or would it take something much more intrinsic???
Bet, it is not light fixtures!
So tonight I am smiling. It is a huge pick me up that will last me until I feel the need to work a few more days. I am thinking in terms of paint for the laundry room but I am not quite there emotionally yet..maybe next month.
And as my daughter-in-law would say...."do not judge me" by the fact that I still have a Christmas cookie jar on the counter and a refrigerator covered with mess like preschool mothers do. I will take care of that eventually...right now I am just going to enjoy this feel good mood because I have new lights!

No comments:

Post a Comment