Tuesday, February 21, 2012

It's Fat Tuesday!!!!...

Yes, it is here. Today is Fat Tuesday...the end of the Mardi Gras holiday. Mardi Gras actually means Fat Tuesday in French. It is the day when people overeat, overdrink, and party until the stroke of midnight. Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, the official beginning of the Lenten Season. For a child born into a good Catholic family, I have grown up with the traditional no meat on Ash Wednesday or Good Friday belief. It is also a 40 day period that Christ fasted to atone for our sins and we are in turn to make a sacrifice during the days leading up to Easter.

Well, folks this is easy. I am FAT...not just on this appropriately named Tuesday but on every other day of the week. Being at home has allowed me to eat at will...hourly. My body is showing signs of M&M's, earthquake cake, too many lunch's out, and just plain careless choices. New years resolutions do not work for me. I cannot focus on a year. Too long...I know I will fail. But 40 days....Hmmm...we will see.

So today I decide. Tomorrow I start. I have 15 hours to make up my mind what to do for Lent. I have some ideas....for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment