Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sacrifice.....

So...I have been giving the Lent idea some thought for quite awhile. It is all about sacrifice. It is about doing without something that is a challenge to give up. There is a long list of things that apply appropriately in my life I assure you. I could start with technology. Giving up Facebook would be tough. Pinterest...total withdrawal for me! Game apps on my phone and Kindle...well not playing Words With Friends would upset my friends...they need a partner.
So...what to do?
How about giving up this......the McDonald's Drive through.
I pick up this for lunch more times a week that I am willing to admit. I am FAT. I am miserable. I do not like how I feel. I have headaches from too much sugar, and belly fat...lots of it. I watch Dr. Oz daily and he has many methods for curing all of this but watching the TV is not curing my problem.
So I bought this. Yes, fruits and waters. No more Diet Coke for 40 days. I can do it. I have before. I felt better. But, as soon as lent was over it was back to McDonald's. I am also trading in my cookies for an apple. Note to family...I did not say giving up cookies.....just eating them less frequently. Less cake, less ice cream and NO M&M's. I can do it. So to reward myself in advance.....
I bought this. This is a FITBIT. It is my clip on conscience. It will measure my calories consumed, my steps taken, my stairs climbed, my sleep habits, and probably my sex life...or lack thereof. It will tell me how I am living for the next six weeks. I am excited. Maybe it will make a difference. I have a lot of reasons to be healthy...and unless I do something I am on a downward spiral to FATTER.
Today I am hooking this up. I am ready to go. I am going to be in shape and LOVE it I am sure. If it makes this mission as addictive as checking my Facebook (as stated on the package) then I can't wait to get started! Forty days...I am ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment