Friday, August 24, 2012

Happy Birthday To Me...And Tim!.....

 It is the beginning of birthday season at our house!  With the exception of Jimmy, we all manage to turn one year older in a period of three weeks.  There was a time in the early days of tight budgets that backpacks and school clothes became birthday gifts.  Sometimes one big strategically timed birthday party worked for everyone.  Now that we have reached those "golden years"  we can stretch a birthday celebration to the length of four or five days and enjoy every minute.  Deserved, right?
The party began on Wednesday....with lunch out with a special friend.  A girl has to start early in order to get all the good times in!
Special homemade cookies with sprinkles ....
and time to open presents!
One of the best presents of all came all wrapped up in a hula skirt and pom poms....
The other one with a smile that gives me fuel for days on end.
Next year I will be filling out Medicare paper work.  I have aches and arthritis.  I have gray hair and wrinkles that are not just laugh lines...but I earned it all!  Every year just gets a little bit better.  What lies ahead is just more time to enjoy all of the things I hoped for when I was only 22 and just starting this journey.  You count your blessings daily and try not to get caught up in the mundane things that really do not matter. It is only when you get old that you realize that you no longer have time to waste time.  Every minute of every day is important (even if it is just for reflection)....so I have 365 more days until my next birthday and maybe I will just choose to celebrate number 65 for a whole week!

No comments:

Post a Comment