Thursday, August 30, 2012

I Went, I Saw, I'm Hooked!.....

 I have lived in Dallas since 1964.  I am a huge football fan from pee-wee to pro. One would think that I had occupied a seat at a Cowboy game multiple times...not so. Last night was
the first...yes, the first time to witness the Dallas Cowboys up close and personal!
The story begins with a generous son that won his six company tickets for the last preseason game.  Thanks for knowing your mom would love to be one of the invited guests!  After a 2 hour and 40 minute trip from driveway to the seat (and we only live 40 miles away) I settled in for the experience. 
The stadium is amazing, incredible, fantastic, ect.  I was awe struck by the massiveness and beauty.  Yes, a football stadium can be beautiful.  Jerry Jones, kudos to you.  Personally, I do not like you at all but you have created a masterpiece. 
Our seats were close...really close.  The kind of seats that cost $580 a piece during the regular season....the seats that regular people really cannot afford to sit in!  Wow...what fun! 
You could see the detail on the cheerleader uniform...and a lot more than the detail if you were interested in that.  I, once again, had boot envy.  I must have an undiagnosed foot fetish because I always find myself loving everyone's footwear!
The starters were not in the game..it was the last test for the rookies before the roster was cut. Not to worry!  If you have the privilege of being on that field in a Cowboy uniform, even if it is only for a moment...I think you are a star!
Jason Garrett, I wish you the best this year!  I hope you can over come the grip of Jerry Jones and create a winning team.  All of Texas would be indebted to you!
It was a great opportunity and I loved every minute of it...but, it is not for those that monitor their spending.  Beers $8.50 each, nachos $10 and water $5!  I believe I will spend Sundays on the patio with the TV on and queso and chips on a platter.  I found myself watching the jumbotron at the stadium the majority of the time anyway.  We will just watch the jumbotron at our house for free...and 
 "MAKE SOME NOISE"!!!!!
Jerry Jones,stay in your box.
Dallas Cowboys go crush the Giants!

No comments:

Post a Comment