Saturday, March 23, 2013

A Little Bit OCD.....

Actually, I am not just a little bit OCD....I am a lot.  Not in the normal sense of the word.  I do not wash my hands continually.  I am way past being a neat freak.  You would know that was a fact if you saw my kitchen sink.  I don't have to check and see if the door is locked a dozen times before I go to bed and I have no desire to eat my food in any specific order.
BUT....I do find myself unusually "absorbed" or "fixated" on something ALWAYS!
If I buy bath soap, it is not a bar or two, it is two dozen bars at a time.  I do not take one picture of something, I take 30...of the same pose or object.  If I am in to a book, I read it cover to cover before I stop.  
Well, the past few months it has been sewing.  I have always liked to sew.  It is my form of therapy.
Just lock me away in my little room with my sewing machine and you could leave my meals outside the door.  I have no need to come out or have human contact for days.  It is my happy place.
So that is what has been controlling my mind lately....FABRIC!  I don't just buy a yard or two...I buy dozens.
I am literally a hoarder of cotton by the bolt.  I could sew non stop from now until I could not longer see and still not use up my stash.  I do not buy one pattern at a time.  I buy 18.  
I have it under counters, in closets, under beds, and all over the floor.  Sometimes I  open plastic tubs just to look a the colors.  Remember it is therapy!  The thing is, it is only my obsession right now.  Next month it might be knitting or cleaning the garage (that one is highly unlikely).  Whatever it is, just know that I will not commit only with slight enthusiasm.  I am 150% in or not in at all.  It is the OCD in me that drives me...in all kind of crazy directions.
This month this is my MANTRA.  Watch out for my next compulsion...and pray that it is not alcohol!

No comments:

Post a Comment