Monday, March 18, 2013

ESCAPE!!!!!!!!

Finally!  Bags packed and out the door.  It has been six months since I loaded the car and headed out to the lake for a little R&R.  No reason for the lengthy absence...well, actually there were lots of reasons for the absence, but I have put all of the details of a not so fun fall in a folder and filed them away hopefully forever.
 Walking in after six months away reminds me of Henry Fonda and Catherine Hepburn in "On Golden Pond".  I lack the dramatic flair of ripping off the dust covers and opening the doors and reminiscing about all the wonderful days spent there but I relate to the dirt that has to be removed before the fun can begin.
 So slide open the patio door, spray a little Fabreeze to remove months of stale air, and grab the cleaning supplies.  Oh...but first get out the vacuum and suck up all of the cobwebs that are housing the spiders that have called this home since I have been away.  They reproduce at an amazing rate when you are absent.
 It is theraputic.  We are three days away from the official start of spring and we are cleaned and polished and ready to ENJOY a summer down in Tool, Texas.
 We have another reason to be sprucing up....a lakeside wedding!!

 Over at Tim and Mandy's the family gathered to start preparations.  Brooklynn is becoming a resident horticulturist.  She loves to dig in the dirt and a trip to the nursery is about equal to the toy store for her....ahhh, a child after my own heart!


 All well done jobs need adult supervision....right?
 I am up now guys....gloves on, where is my flat of flowers?
Great weekend...so many fun times ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment