Friday, May 9, 2014

Corked!......

I has been two months in the making. 
 Well, actually it has been a year and a half if you count the time the equipment sat in the box in the closet....but, now it is brewed and corked!!
This is Jimmy's first attempt at homemade wine and in a months time we will know if it is a win or if we will join the brothers of Duck Dynasty when they sampled their first bottle of their homemade brew and declared it has the same flavor as deer urine (I have only seen one episode of the show and I was lucky enough to catch that one...uuugh).
I have observed the whole process from the doorway and I have a new found respect for those that brew.  It is bottle to bucket and back again multiple times.  It is add wood chips, spice, and yeast...and hope for the best.
 It is wash and sanitize. 


And finally bottle!!!!
We now have 30 bottles of Shiraz in the closet...fermenting.
I am not sure why we have a shiraz since the family drinks cabs and pinots but that was the choice.  
I am also not sure how we are going to label this incredible brew or how we will celebrate the uncorking of bottle one.
We have a month for the big decisions....it matters.  I could be the answer to supplementing our retirement fund....
BREW BIG!

No comments:

Post a Comment