Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas Shubzda Style........

"Oh, there's no place like home for the holidays"....so true!
Sunday we celebrated with the family like it used to be before Tim got shipped off to Africa and the Bergesons made that two year move to California.
It felt right again and even though we were still missing three family members, we were almost whole again.


The Bergesons...minus three and a half!
The McCauley girls
Pam and Family...almost another!
The Shubzdas

Our favorite part...the white elephant gift exchange.  
The director of the festivities this year was Brooklynn, who has a large dose of Gramma in her!
She commanded the evening and did not miss a beat.  She not only let us know who's turn it was...also selected everyones package.  What a pro...well taught young lady by the original director of events!
Styrofoam snow...the best part of the day!
After I finished laughing I realized I would be finding pellets long after the day was over....like maybe until the Easter bunny arrived.
Our keeper of the beer...a girl after her daddy's heart!

Finley's favortite...a bigger than her size Barbie.
Oh, she is such a girl!

One more year in the books and another fun family day.
Next year when we gather we will have two new babies join the bunch...that we know of!
What that means is more giggles, more hugs, and more treasured memories.
This is my favorite time of the year and as the 25th of December approaches I am sad.  This has been an amazing Christmas season as I have I have been blessed with so many meaningful things to enjoy. I have loved every minute of everyday because even though it has been hectic, I have taken the time to remember that amid the chaos is the true meaning of the season.
I am truly thankful of all of the gifts of this past year.  Hopefully next year will bring as much joy and as many unexpected surprises as 2014 has.
Have I mentioned this before...I love my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment