Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The Day Before the Day.....

It is Tuesday.  Christmas Eve is tomorrow.  I am sitting in bed with my computer on my lap, cook books and pens at my side,  I have a warm feeling...because my electric blanket is on high!
It feels good.  I am determined to sit here until I finish my coffee and eat my yogurt.  That has not been the case for weeks.  I have grabbed both items and carried them from room to room as I completed a task...or better yet, ate them in the car. 
The rush has not been indicative of my season.  In my memory this December  has been the best yet.  Almost all presents were ordered from my computer and I DID NOT miss the crowded stores.  That does not say Christmas to me.  I have overdecorated and loved every minute of plugging in all the lights in my house and feeling the glow in every room.  
I have shared time with so many friends at Christmas brunches, lunches, dinners, and Bunko parties.  I have gone to multiple Christmas programs and listening to the childlike voices sing "I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" and "Happy Birthday Jesus" and realized that those are the moments that are the ones I love the most.
I have done the normal...baked, wrapped, cleaned, sorted, and searched for that missing paper I know I bought.  
I have prayed, that in the midst of all of this that I would remind myself daily that it is Advent, a time for preparation....for the arrival of Jesus on Christmas day.
So a few more recipes to locate and I have to drag myself out of this warm bed and move on, but this moment of "pause" has been nice.  Much need and very healing.  My mind is reset to enjoy the two days ahead.  I do not want to miss a minute of the joy and wonder that we all witness on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
We just have to be present in the moment to see what is in front of our eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment