Wednesday, December 17, 2014

The Big Run......

This is a disclaimer.....neither of the photos below are people I know.  
These bodies belong to random people along the Dallas Marathon route and I could not resist a photograph.  One has to have to a great deal of confidence to run past thousands of people dressed in a wine barrel or a speedo.....

So, on to the point of the post.
Tim ran a marathon...well, a half marathon.  Thirteen miles!  What an accomplishment!
We went to cheer him on as he crossed the finish line on a grey and misty day in downtown Dallas.
Sometimes in the midst of waiting and watching over 20,000 people run by you get a little bored.
You have to find creative ways to entertain yourself!
Until...finally....there he comes.  Still smiling and still running!
It was a proud mama moment watching him complete this task.  It was the same feeling I get when I watch the family participate in Carry the Load.  It is a goal set and achieved.  
Kids learn from this.
Daddy got lots of hugs from his girls and a medal to show he finished.  
I got pleasure in once again watching one of my kids go beyond what is manageable in the course of the day.  My children never cease to amaze me.  They drive themselves to do things beyond what is necessary.
It was once again another perfect moment in a Christmas season that has been full of surprises for me.  I think it comes for making yourself more present and more aware of what is going on.  My life of living in a blur has slowed as I take advantage of a moment.  What a difference it makes.
I am so proud of my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment