Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Goodbye 2014..............

Here we are...the last five hours of 2014.  It is brutally cold outside and I am actually glad to be parked inside with nothing on my schedule.  It has been a tough day.  Yes, the last day of the year started out on a low note.  I served at a funeral mass today for a 15 year old girl that committed suicide.  Sadie was from a strong Catholic family, an altar server, and on track to be confirmed in three months.  A beautiful mom, strong dad, two sisters and a brother, and a hole in their family that will last forever.  I saw pain in their face that I hope to never see again.  They have no answers, no real clues, only the loss of their oldest daughter at 3:00 on Christmas Day.  I do not know how you get through that.  It was not the way I intended to end the year.....but, it was not the way they intended to end their year either.  I only hope that they felt the support of a church full of friends that lifted them up in prayers.  That is all that will help them right now.
On a less sad note, it is fun to sit here and look back on the past year.  Other than the fact that we were minus Tim for almost all of 2014, it was awesome.  At the top of the awesome list was of course  FRANCE!
I still think back in amazement at the pictures and have to remind myself that I really was there.  Yes, I walked around France with my husband and some people that are now forever friends.  We have a bond...memories of a trip that was just incredible in every sense of the word.  How do you get any better than that?
Well, better than that just might be spending so much time with my grandkids.  We missed Tim but I was so glad to have the opportunity to be close enough to "help"! Oh, how I love those precious girls and the hugs they bring along with them.  
What is ahead for 2015?  I cannot see anything on the horizon but good.  With my family close and the opportunity to see them at will, that is the highlight of every week.  Friends....always.  The old, the new,  I treasure all of them.  They are such and important part of my life.  Church family...they have given me a new direction and purpose.  I have a peace that is all new.  
Another trip...oh my yes!  I believe I will.  July will bring a trip to the Holy Land with another group of wonderful friends.  It is another part of a dream that I did not know I had.  I never created a bucket list because I really never knew what I wanted to do.  That is a great plan...just fill it in as you go!
Grateful, yes, for so many blessings.  I just finished reading an article about the healthy benefits of gratitude.....so that is my plan for the new year.  I will be grateful and healthy.  I will end each day journaling what has been good in my day.  I really don't think I will have any trouble finding something!
Goodbye 2014 
and Goodbye Blog.
Both have served me well, but it a page that closes.  That is how life is.
So many great things on the horizon!


No comments:

Post a Comment