Friday, January 16, 2015

Coming Down........

It is a chore....and not a fun chore.  While putting up Christmas decorations is always done with the enthusiasm of the upcoming holiday, taking it down just is NOT fun at all.
 So, here we are past mid January and I still have a snow covered tree and strings of garland adorning my back yard.  
 I have to say, I enjoy it.  The colors of Christmas make me happy.  Bright red and green, and sparkling poinsettias cannot help but make you smile.  So much cheerier that the drab colors of fall.
In order to avoid feeling the wrath of our HOA, I am going out this afternoon and remove all of the remnants of the holiday and pack it up for next year.  It is not fun, but it is necessary.  What to replace it with?  I guess Valentines would work but that would require another plastic tub full of decor with a very short life on the mantle so I think I will pass and just wait for Memorial Day...that can stay up until Labor Day and that is my kind of decorating.

No comments:

Post a Comment