Saturday, January 31, 2015

Where I Am.....

It is the last day of January...a month gone by much too fast.  Once Christmas came down, presents were put away and normal life returned, there was a lull in enthusiasm :(
So on the last day I am thinking back on where my mind has been for this past month and as usual it is all over the map.  If RANDOM does not describe me then a word has not been invented that does!
 My thoughts tend to spend a lot of time back in France.  I am not sure I will ever come down off that high that was the ten days we toured that amazing country.  I can be vividly back in any place I want just by closing my eyes.  It is nice to when you continually run into your travel buddies at Mass on Sunday.  It is like you instantly share a moment you remember that makes you laugh.  It is a permanent bond of such a special trip.  It will forever be where I go in my mind on just about any day when I am looking for that total peace.
 I have been devouring books because in just five months another amazing journey is ahead of me.  This is one I really never imagined I would take.  The Holy Land seemed so out of reach for so many reasons.....but by God's grace I am going and with another wonderful group of fellow travelers.
I did not prepare well enough for France.  I wish I had read more beforehand, though we learned so much as we went.  This time I want to understand and I think I will.  Through my Bible study on Luke and this amazing book, the scriptures are beginning to have meaning.  They are not just words anymore.  I clearly understand the Beatitudes,  the meaning behind the parables, and oh so much that I had only seen as words on a page.  I am going to walk through the scriptures on the land where they were written and feel Jesus in every step.  This will be more than just a dream I never knew I had.
 On the lighter side, I have realized that I have been on a financial diet since Christmas, having overspent as I always do.  Suddenly the need to purchase something was overwhelming.  I am NOT a shopper.  I hate parking lots, driving, and lines in the stores....but I love AMAZON!
I also think I have a fondness for the brown UPS truck and the ever so cute driver that has our route.  
A few click of the button and surprises are on the way!
The best part is I never can remember what I ordered.  It is a continual repeat of Christmas on my front porch.
 Yesterday my favorite truck stopped and my two favorite girls were thrilled to help me unwrap what the bubble lined packages held.....in the first package another book of course!!!
And in box number two.....SHOES!!!!
I have found my shoe soul mate.  At 66 and after trying every brand on the market, I have become one with Ann Klein shoes.  Perfect styles, perfect fit. and an online outlet with shoes less than half the price in the store.  So, during the drab January, I have perked up my attitude with shoe boxes.  
Such a random list of things that have make me smile this month but all in line with my New Years resolution....to be grateful....even if it means spending just a little money sometimes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment