Monday, October 12, 2009

A Feelin' Proud Moment.....

No, I am not from Indiana, nor am I an avid Colts fan...but I do like Peyon Manning. I think he is a classy guy who does a great job of leading a team and being a true professional. I usually watch the Colts because I like Peyton and also because Melvin Bullitt #33, who played football with Drew in high school is the starting defensive back for the Colts. It is great to see a hometown guy who played on the field with your son make it to the pros. Last night was even more exciting as another Naaman Forest graduate, Jacob Lacey #27, started at corner back. Jacob was an undrafted free agent this year...way to step up to the plate Mr. Lacey!!!

You have to understand the history of Naaman to fully appreciate the thrill of it all. Matt started on the first Ranger Varsity team in 1992. Tim was on the squad for three years and then Drew put on the Namman Ranger green and white and played until 2002. I sat through more losing seasons than I would like to remember. It was a nightmare sometimes...but we still went and cheered and believed. Other high schools just laughed because they were winning and we were always loosing.

Well, thank you Mr. Bullitt and Mr. Lacey! National television and there in the defensive starting lineup are two former Naaman Forest Rangers. Who else can boast such success? It took some years but it is time to applaud our guys. We hung in there and now we can be proud. The Rangers are on the map!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment