Wednesday, October 14, 2009

One Week Old...

That is amazing to me. It seems like yesterday on one hand, but forever ago on another. Brooklynn went in yesterday for her one week check up and has gained 2 oz. since her birthday. Yes, she was 7 lbs. 10 oz. and perfectly behaved in the doctor's office. She is also doing wonderfully at night. The little princess has been getting up once during the night to eat, allowing her mom and dad to get as much rest as can be expected for new parents. You just could not ask for more. Each time I have been able to see her via skype, she has been awake, alert, and I really think she is smiling. What is it they say about a newborn..."it is only gas"? I think this goes beyond gas. I really do think she has a grin on her face!!!

She is a precious little girl and just waking up each morning knowing that she is here and healthy and cared for and loved is an awesome feeling. I am anxious for them to get here in November but in the meantime it is so great to be able to see her via the computer. I am in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment